BLACKTOWN CHURCH OF CHRIST
"the churches of Christ greet you" (Rom 16:16)
What to Expect When You Visit
Many people are hesitant to attend worship services at an unfamiliar church. To help alleviate any apprehensions you may have regarding this congregation, we would like to explain what you can expect when you visit us at the Blacktown church of Christ.
You can expect to be treated as a welcome guest. You will not be embarrassed in any way. In keeping with our effort to carefully the Bible, our worship consists only of those activities authorised by command or example in the New Testament.
* On Sunday, the first day of the week, we observe the Lord's Supper as a memorial of our Saviour's death. (Acts 20:7; 1Cor 11:24-26)
* We praise God and edify one another through singing (Colossians 3:16), and offer prayers of supplication (request) and thanksgiving. (1 Timothy 2:1-2)
* Through sermons we exhort one another to "continue steadfastly (persistently) in the apostles doctrine" (Acts 2:42)
* We only take up a collection on Sunday, and this is so members can give as they have purposed in their hearts. (1Corinthians 16:1-2; 2Corinthians 9:7)
As a visitor, you are a guest, so please do not feel under any obligation to give.
* Throughout our service two principles govern all that we do:
Why not accept this invitation and worship with us. We welcome your comments and questions.
Free Bible Correspondence Course
Contact us or write to our postal address as shown on our Home Page.
Look at the online Bible Study available on "Truth for the World"